The Cuban sandwich is very easy to make.
This was consumed at lunch by those who worked in the tobacco factories and collected sugar at the beginning of the last century in Cuba.
Those who emigrated to the United States exported it and went from being a sandwich to a Cuban sandwich to differentiate it from those consumed there.
- 3 Slices of cooked ham
- 3 Slices of cheese
- 3 Thin slices of roast pork
- 1 baguette
- Pickled cucumber
1. We heat 1 nut of butter in a pan
2. Once melted we add the roast pork and brown it on both sides
3. We cut the baguette and we spread mustard on one of the parties
4. For the part where we have smeared the mustard we put the slices of roast pork, cooked ham, pickles and cheese
5. Cover it with the other part of the baguette and spread it on both sides with the butter
6. We put it in a sandwich maker, or in a pan if we do not have it, and we make it until it is toasted on both sides
7. With a skimmer or paddle we crush it to make it flatter and the cheese melts more easily
8. Cut the bread diagonally … and serve