Number of people: 4
Time: 1h 45 min
- 1 kg of calf skirt
- 1 Green pepper
- 1 Red pepper
- 2 Medium onions
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- ½ kl of tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté the meat and put it in a pot with liter and a half of water, half an onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 2 bay leaves and a little salt.
- When it begins to boil, leave over medium heat for an hour and a half.
- Peppers and onion are cut into strips.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Garlic cloves are peeled and cut into thin slices.
- Put two tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat and add the garlic, leaving to brown.
- Pour the peppers and onion and sauté over medium heat until the onion is translucent. Pour the tomatoes.
- Season with pepper and salt and add sugar and cumin.
- Let all the water released by the tomato evaporate over medium heat.
- We remove the meat from the pot and let it temper.
- Make long strips of meat with your fingers.
- Once the tomato is reduced, add half a glass of beef stock and stir, allowing it to thicken a little.
- We add the meat, stir and let it cook all together about 3 or 4 minutes.
Serve old clothes accompanied by white rice, congrí or tostones.