Number of persons: 4
Time: 1h 45 min
- 1 kg brisket
- 1 Green pepper
- 1 Red pepper
- 2 Medium-sized onions
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- ½ kl of tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1/2 spoonful of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper the meat and it puts in a pot with liter and a half of water, half an onion, 3 garlic cloves, 2 bay leaves and little salt.
- When it starts boiling, stopping to average fire for one hour and a half.
- The peppers and the onion are cut in strips.
- They peel the tomatoes and are cut in small buckets.
- They peel the garlic cloves and are cut in thinly slice.
- They throw two spoonfuls of oil in a frying pan to average fire and the garlics are added, allowing that they should be gilded.
- To throw the peppers and the onion and to sauté to average fire until the onion remains translucent. To throw the tomatoes.
- Season to taste with the pepper and the salt and to add the sugar and the cumin.
- To allow that the whole water should evaporate that free the tomato to average fire.
- Extract the meat of the pot and allow that it should lower the temperature.
- To do long strips of meat with the fingers.
- Once reduced the tomato, to throw half a glass of broth of meat and to remove, allowing that it should thicken a bit.
- Add the meat, remove and allow that everything should cook the united one approximately 3 or 4 minutes.
To serve the ropa vieja accompanied of boiled rice, congrí or tostones