The congrí is a mixture of beans with rice that is in the habit of being used of accompaniment in many Cuban plates. Depending on the region it has his variants.
- ½ kl rice
- ¼ kl black beans
- Throw of bacón or of pork scratchings
- ¼ onion
- Red pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- Half a teaspoonful of cumin
- 1 teaspoonful of salt
- 3 Teaspoonfuls of oil or 2 of lard of pork
1. To put in soaking the beans the previous night.
2. To cook them in a pressure cooker approximately 15 minutes and to guard 3 cups of the water of having cooked them.
3. To set to cook the rice in a casserole.
4. In a frying pan the slightly fried one is prepared by the oil or the lard of pork, the chopped onion, the garlic, the strips of pepper and the bacón or the pork scratchings.
5. Him are added the beans, 3 cups of water of having cooked them, the salt and the cumin.
6. When it starts boiling the cooked rice is added and is left to average covered fire until it is softened.